[CentOS] CentOS 7 : network interface renamed from eth0 to eth1 after reboot

Sun Feb 9 13:52:35 UTC 2020
Salim Shaw <salimshaw at fastmail.com>

Very strange and as you suggested delete the ifcfg-eth0 file and recreate, specify your settings. I suspect your wireless device and or systemboard is faulty. Is there a BIOS hardware self-test you could perform to check the integrity of your hardware?