[CentOS] CentOS 7 : network interface renamed from eth0 to eth1 after reboot

Mon Feb 17 11:15:10 UTC 2020
Roberto Ragusa <mail at robertoragusa.it>

On 2020-02-11 00:09, Nicolas Kovacs wrote:
> Le 10/02/2020 à 16:12, Leroy Tennison a écrit :
>> There may be ways to force NIC naming, I've done so but only on Ubuntu so
>> you'll need to do the research if it's important to you.  Things to look for
>> based on my experience: 70-persistent-net.rules, net.ifnames=0,
>> biosdevname=0.
>
> That's exactly the solution I described in detail in my blog article.

Having messed a lot with this renaming issue in the past,
I can tell you there is only one thing that you have to do for
stable ethernet naming, just have "HWADDR=" in your
ifcfg-* scripts.

See

https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux/7/html/networking_guide/sec-understanding_the_device_renaming_procedure

(you can stop reading at rule 1)