[CentOS] From network-scripts to NetworkManager on a router : questions

Tue Feb 18 16:37:59 UTC 2020
Nicolas Kovacs <info at microlinux.fr>

Le 18/02/2020 à 16:51, Anand Buddhdev a écrit :
> This tells NetworkManager to leave /etc/resolv.conf alone. Now you can
> put whatever you like in /etc/resolv.conf, and it will be left untouched.

I just found the answer after some more experimenting.

1. If you put some DNS information in any of your ifcfg-* interfaces,
then NetworkManager will overwrite /etc/resolv.conf with whatever it
find in there.

   BUT...

2. If there is no DNS information in any of the ifcfg-* files, then
NetworkManager will leave your manually edited /etc/resolv.conf
configuration untouched. And this is the default behavior, no need to
configure it specifically.

Problem solved. :o)

Thanks very much to everybody in this thread for your contribution.

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
Site : https://www.microlinux.fr
Mail : info at microlinux.fr