[CentOS] From network-scripts to NetworkManager on a router : questions

Tue Feb 18 16:56:38 UTC 2020
Nicolas Kovacs <info at microlinux.fr>

Le 18/02/2020 à 17:43, Jonathan Billings a écrit :
> According to 'man nm-settings-ifcfg-rh', PEERDNS=no is the old
> network-services services mechanism for not changing /etc/resolv.conf,
> while in NM it just means never add automatic nameservers to
> resolv.conf from DHCP, PPP, VPN, etc.  Turning off all DNS
> updates means adding:
>
> [main]
> dns=none
>
> ... to the NetworkManager.conf (or preferably in an
> /etc/NetworkManager/conf.d/  file) is probably going to be the most
> effective way.  I've seen PEERDNS=no make NetworkManager not overwrite
> my resolv.conf but maybe I should be extra careful and drop in a
> config file that turns off all dns updating features of
> NetworkManager.

See my previous mail on that subject.

tl;dr : as long as you don't provide any DNS information for any of the
interfaces, /etc/resolv.conf does *not* get overwritten.

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
Site : https://www.microlinux.fr
Mail : info at microlinux.fr
Tél. : 04 66 63 10 32