[CentOS] tftp server different from dhcp one

Mon Feb 24 02:22:58 UTC 2020
Lars Seipel <lars.seipel at gmail.com>

On Sun, Feb 23, 2020 at 09:10:18PM -0500, Mauricio Tavares wrote:
> if option architecture-type = 00:07 {
>   filename "shim.efi";
> } else {
>   filename "pxelinux/pxelinux.0";
>}
>  }
>}
>
>If the server is a different one, how would the option
>architecture-type{} change to reflect the file location?

It wouldn't change at all. The specified file name is written as-is into
the DHCP reply. The client will look for the file on the TFTP server
specified by next-server.

More recent UEFI implementations (arch ID 0x0010, I think) also accept
HTTP URLs as file names. Those would contain the host name. Not relevant
to your snippet though.