[CentOS] Centos 8 Postfix & Cyrus

Mon Feb 24 05:30:12 UTC 2020
Alexander Dalloz <ad+lists at uni-x.org>

Am 24.02.2020 um 00:37 schrieb Gregory P. Ennis:
> Everyone,
>
> I have had two e-mail servers running, one with Centos 6 and the other with Centos 7 using
> sendmail, dovecot, spamassassin, clamd, and cclamav-milter without hardly any problems
> after the initial setup.  My expertise should be considered not much more than beginner or
> early intermediate.
>
> I would like to create a hypervisor with Centos 8 and run a guest Centos 8 with postfix and
> cyrus. I already have a guest Centos 8 on a Centos 7 hypervisor, and have had difficulty
> getting cyrus to work.
>
> Can anyone refer me to a tutorial on how to get postfix and cyrus to work on centos 8.
> Everyone seems to imply that postfix is much easier to use, but so far I have not been able
> to pass the low end of the learning curve.  Best recommendations for a tutorial is what I
> would like to have.
>
> Thanks much!!!!
>
> Greg Ennis

Attention Greg, so-called tutorials do not tell you what you need to
know about Postfix. Consult the original Postfix documentation.

Configure Postfix to us relay_transport for the hosted mail domains
feeding Cyrus-IMAPd on LMTP. And make sure you define proper
relay_recipient_maps (or virtual_alias_maps).

relay_domains = example.org
relay_transport = lmtp:inet:[1.2.3.4]:24

http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html

Alexander