[CentOS] [External] Re: Installing a single rpm package from desktop/browser on CentOS 7

Mon Feb 24 13:50:37 UTC 2020
Toralf Lund <toralf.lund at pgs.com>

On 22/02/2020 03:55, Seth Goldin wrote:
> Unfortunately, the GUI isn't quite set up to tell you what the error would
> be.

Seriously? I'd say that if it's not set up that way it has no business
being included in a stable release of anything, let alone an "enterprise
operating system"...

>   When you use `$ sudo yum install whatever.rpm`, the output in the shell
> will often give you a clue as to what's going wrong--a missing dependency,
> etc.

Actually, I'm talking about cases where there isn't or shouldn't be
anything going wrong at all. The rpms install just fine from the command
line.

- Toralf