[CentOS] Can I configure CentOS 8.1 1911 as an Active Directory Domain Controller like a Windows Server?

Wed Jan 22 13:56:30 UTC 2020
Gianluca Cecchi <gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com>

On Wed, Jan 22, 2020 at 2:50 PM Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming <
teo.en.ming.smartphone at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thank you for your prompt reply.
>
> The guide which you have shared looks very detailed.
>
> I have also found another guide at samba.org but not very sure whether
> it is good.
>
> Title: Setting up Samba as an Active Directory Domain Controller
>
> Link:
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_Samba_as_an_Active_Directory_Domain_Controller

Take note that on the link I provided there is the statement that it is not
supported (on Red Hat) with the role of AD DC.
I don't know if it is more a limitation for support effort by Red Hat or at
all, also because here you can find a note for Ubuntu where it states it
does support that role on Samba4:
https://www.tecmint.com/install-samba4-active-directory-ubuntu/

So if you are "forced" to use CentOS you can try to inter-mix the
information provided by the two links and see if it works.
Gianluca