[CentOS] Centos 6 iwl3945

Thu Jan 9 19:47:42 UTC 2020
Ken Smith <kens at kensnet.org>

Hi everyone,

I'm having a problem with an iwl3945 wireless adaptor in my laptop
running Centos 6. Recently it has been failing to connect to a either
2.4G or 5G Wi-Fi coming from a Draytek Wireless Router. It has usually
managed to connect in the past although it has sometimes been a little
temperamental. I'm not sure what has changed that has stopped it
working. I've tried Kernels 2.6.32-754.24.34 down to 2.6.32-754.15.3 in
Centos 6 without it working.

This machine also has an old Fedora Core 14 boot with Kernel
2.6.35.14-97 that connects to Wi-Fi just fine. Also the laptop dual
boots Win 7 and that also connects to Wi-Fi without issue.

How would I go about diagnosing this in the Centos 6 boot?

Thanks

Ken

believed to be clean.