[CentOS] Centos 8: change desktop at display manager

Sun Jan 19 19:21:28 UTC 2020
Paul Johnson <pauljohn32 at gmail.com>

In a new install of Centos 8, I installed the xfce4 packages from EPEL.
Here's what dnf says I have

[pauljohn32 at localhost ~]$ dnf list *xfce4*
Last metadata expiration check: 0:25:19 ago
Installed Packages
libxfce4ui.x86_64
libxfce4ui-devel.x86_64
libxfce4util.x86_64
libxfce4util-devel.x86_64
xfce4-about.x86_64
xfce4-battery-plugin.x86_64
xfce4-panel.x86_64
xfce4-panel-devel.x86_64
xfce4-places-plugin.x86_64
xfce4-screenshooter.x86_64
xfce4-screenshooter-plugin.x86_64
xfce4-session.x86_64
xfce4-settings.x86_64
xfce4-systemload-plugin.x86_64
xfce4-terminal.x86_64

I log out and try to use XFCE4 at log in. I cannot find a way to choose
it.  I was guessing this would be like Centos 7.  On the display manager,
after I put in my user name, there is the little * by the password. When I
do that, I see choices with names like

Wayland
Classic
X11

but I don't see XFCE4 session or similar.

I am guessing I missed an XFCE4 package from EPEL?

pj

--
Paul E. Johnson   http://pj.freefaculty.org

To write to me directly, please address me at pauljohn at ku.edu.