[CentOS] Nasty Fail2Ban update for Centos 7

Wed Jan 1 10:23:32 UTC 2020
Nicolas Kovacs <info at microlinux.fr>

Le 31/12/2019 à 19:53, John H Nyhuis a écrit :
> Just a random stab in the dark, but CEntOS6 was iptables, and CentOS7 is
> firewalld.  They take different fail2ban packages.
>
> CentOS6 = fail2ban
> CentOS7 = fail2ban-firewalld
>
> Are you sure you are running the correct fail2ban package for your
> firewall?  (I screwed this up myself before I noticed and fixed it...)

On my CentOS 7 servers, I have removed firewalld and I'm still using fail2ban
with my custom iptables script.

In this case, the only package you have to install is fail2ban-server.

Happy New Year,

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
Site : https://www.microlinux.fr