[CentOS] systemd-coredump service

Sat Jan 4 06:00:33 UTC 2020
sthustfo <sthustfo at gmail.com>

I do have both those files. But I was under the wrong assumption that there
is a systemd service for the same as mentioned here
<https://manpages.debian.org/testing/systemd-coredump/systemd-coredump.8.en.html>.
Thanks for the clarification.

Now how do I enable systemd to generate core files? I did try setting
sysctl kernel.core_pattern='| /usr/lib/systemd/systemd-coredump %p %u %g %s
%t %c %e'

But this does not generate core files consistently. On one instance, I saw
a core file, and then did not see it in subsequent observations. Am
I missing something?