[CentOS] can't boot after volume rename

Tue Jan 7 08:57:59 UTC 2020
Strahil Nikolov <hunter86_bg at yahoo.com>

 Get a CentOS Install media , boot from it and select troubleshoot.Then mount your root LV, boot lv , /proc/, /sys, /dev & /run (last 4 with "bind" mount option).Then chroot into the root LV's mount point and then change grub menu and run "dracut -f --regenerate-all"
last step is to reboot and test.
Best Regards,Strahil Nikolov

    В понеделник, 6 януари 2020 г., 17:05:54 ч. Гринуич-5, Paul Amaral via CentOS <centos at centos.org> написа:

 I renamed my volume with vgrename however I didn't complete the other steps.
Mainly update fstab and intiramfs. Once I booted, I was dropped on the
Dracut shell. From here I can see the newly rename VG and I can lvm lvscan
as well as activate it, lvm vgchange -ay.

However I can't figure out what to do next, I'm assuming I need to
regenerate the initramfs and then boot to change grub? Could someone point
me in the right direction to recovering a FS from Dracut, or other means,
once the volume group name was changed.

TIA,

Paul