[CentOS] copying files to fill flash drives

Fri Jan 10 15:10:41 UTC 2020
Chris Adams <linux at cmadams.net>

Once upon a time, Frank Cox <theatre at sasktel.net> said:
> FILL would take the name of a directory and then start writing files from that directory onto a series of floppy disks in such a way that each disk was made as full as possible, but without modifying the files that it was writing.

I remember using a program like that.  I'm not sure if something like
that is available for Linux, and if it would handle USB (you'd have to
actually look at each stick since they aren't always exactly the same
size).

If it helps your search, what you are looking for is an application of
the knapsack algorithm.
--
Chris Adams <linux at cmadams.net>