[CentOS] Limiting what devices can pair over Bluetooth?

Mon Jan 13 10:26:30 UTC 2020
James Pearson <james-p at moving-picture.com>

James Pearson wrote:

> I've managed to get a Wacom Intuos Pro 2 (PTH-660) tablet working over
> Bluetooth to a CentOS 7 install. Well, I didn't actually have to do much
> to get it working ...
>
> However, we don't normally enable Bluetooth for security reasons, so I
> need to be able to configure things so Bluetooth can _only_ be used to
> pair with Wacom tablets
>
> As I never used Bluetooth in anger before, I'm struggling to find out
> where to start looking - does anyone know how to do this or any pointers
> on where I should start?

To answer my own question - there appears to be nothing either at the
kernel or user interface level that can do this - i.e. there is nothing
to, say, limit Bluetooth to just HID devices

Which is a pity, as it's either an all or nothing with Bluetooth, which
means we can't use Bluetooth for Wacom tablets without opening up access
to file transfer over Bluetooth as well ...

James Pearson