[CentOS] Limiting what devices can pair over Bluetooth?

Fri Jan 17 13:26:17 UTC 2020
James Pearson <james-p at moving-picture.com>

Leon Fauster via CentOS wrote:

>>> Whats the bus that your BT is connected to, USB?
>>
>> I'm testing on a laptop that has built-in BT - although lsusb lists:
>>
>>   Bus 002 Device 003: ID 0cf3:e005 Qualcomm Atheros Communications
>>
>> which I believe is the BT controller
>
> I never tested it with BT devices, just with "plain" usb devices but
> maybe its worth to take a look at the usbguard package. It supports
> whitelisting devices ...

I've never used USBGuard - but I don't think it will help here

Although the BT controller is a USB device, what devices are connected
over BT are not

I guess you can think of the BT controller in a similar way as, say, a
USB network adapter - the NIC is a USB device, but what it connects to
over the network are not.

In the NIC case, you could use something like firewall rules to control
what can and can't be connected to - but there doesn't seem to be
anything similar for BT connections/devices

James Pearson