[CentOS] Centos 7: UPD packet checksum verification?

Tue Jan 28 12:50:57 UTC 2020
Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com>

On Sun, 26 Jan 2020 at 20:45, hw <hw at gc-24.de> wrote:

> > I'm not sure I understand what you are asking.
>
> It is about VOIP calls via SRTP being interrupted at irregular intervals.  The
> intervals appear to depend on the time of day:  Such phone calls can last for
> a duration of about 5--25 minutes during the day to up to 1.5 hours at around
> 3am before being interrupted.

UDP is called Unreliable Datagram Protocol for a reason. It can be
dropped at all kinds of places in between the two users depending on
how busy the routers/firewalls between 2 users can be. Packets can get
out of order or a dozen other things which then relies on the
application layer to put the things back in 'order'. For voice, that
usually means a drop or other ugliness because it is assumed that if
the quality is too bad, the people would just call each other again.
For the most part this works pretty well but all it takes is a
firewall to get busy on something else and you have a bunch of UDP
packets out of order and people's calls dropping.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.