[CentOS] CentOS 8 on USB disk

Thu Jan 30 09:14:44 UTC 2020
J Martin Rushton <martinrushton56 at btinternet.com>

I'd be a bit careful with that one Joakim.  If dd throws an error for
any reason the sync will not run and your USB may be in a partially
written state for some time.  Since it is not mounted, there is no
umount command to sync for you.  If you pull the stick out shortly after
the dd command was run you will have a partially written USB - nasty.
I'd suggest "dd if=iso of=usbdevice status=progress ; sync", though
personally I'm a bit old school and manually do a "sync ; sync" before
removing raw devices.