[CentOS] CentOS7 and NFS

Thu Jul 2 22:05:43 UTC 2020
Orion Poplawski <orion at nwra.com>

On 6/1/20 3:08 AM, Patrick Bégou wrote:
> Le 13/05/2020 à 02:13, Orion Poplawski a écrit :
>> On 5/12/20 2:46 AM, Patrick Bégou wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I need some help with NFSv4 setup/tuning. I have a dedicated nfs server
>>> (2 x E5-2620  8cores/16 threads each, 64GB RAM, 1x10Gb ethernet and 16x
>>> 8TB HDD) used by two servers and a small cluster (400 cores). All the
>>> servers are running CentOS 7, the cluster is running CentOS6.
>>>
>>> Time to time on the server I get:
>>>
>>>        kernel: NFSD: client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx testing state ID with
>>>       incorrect client ID
>>>
>>> And the client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx freeze whith:
>>>
>>>        kernel: nfs: server xxxxx.legi.grenoble-inp.fr not responding,
>>>       still trying
>>>        kernel: nfs: server xxxxx.legi.grenoble-inp.fr OK
>>>        kernel: nfs: server xxxxx.legi.grenoble-inp.fr not responding,
>>>       still trying
>>>        kernel: nfs: server xxxxx.legi.grenoble-inp.fr OK
>>>
>>> There is a discussion on RedHat7 support about this but only open to
>>> subscribers. Other searches with google do not provide  useful
>>> information.
>>
>> FYI - you can get access to such info with a free RHEL developers
>> account.
>>

> Thanks for your suggestion. As the problem is back I've subscribed to
> reach the full content of this discussion.
>
> The answer was "do not use antivirus" :-(. I do not use antivirus as I
> am CentOS only.
>
> Patrick

Just curious to see if you have had any luck resolving these issues?
I'm afraid that NFS on EL 7 has become much less stable for us recently
as well with lots more client access hangs.

Orion

--
Orion Poplawski
Manager of NWRA Technical Systems          720-772-5637
3380 Mitchell Lane                       orion at nwra.com
Boulder, CO 80301                 https://www.nwra.com/