[CentOS] Generating X configuration files

Tue Jul 7 15:34:55 UTC 2020
Michael Hennebry <hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu>

On Tue, 7 Jul 2020, Michael Hennebry wrote:

> I think I could make it go by booting to
> runlevel 3 and running startx manually.
> For that to work, I think I need to pass
> startx the right configuration file.
>
> To me, 'tain't obvious what to put in that file.
> Is there a way to get Centos 7 to
> generate a configuaration file for me?

Note: I have discovered xrandr --verbose,
but do not know what to do with the information.
Is there a complete example file somewhere?

Using xrandr from F32 does not seem to work.
I either get told can't do that or that just does not happen.

"Sorry but your password must contain an uppercase letter, a number,
a haiku, a gang sign, a heiroglyph, and the blood of a virgin."
                                                              --  someeecards