[CentOS] USB-serial adapter for CentOS 7

Wed Jul 8 15:23:04 UTC 2020
John Pierce <jhn.pierce at gmail.com>

If it is an older APC UPS, that uses basic serial signaling, it's not
actually a serial port, it's a criss-cross special serial cable that
manages the control lines with DSR DTR CTS and so forth. these are very
fussy cables that have to be exactly the right one or the UPS may just
abruptly shut off.

As far as USB serial cables go, the FTDI ones have always worked well for
me,at least for applications that actually use the serial port for serial
data