[CentOS] hex editor for huge files

Mon Jul 13 08:04:07 UTC 2020
Simon Matter <simon.matter at invoca.ch>

> On 2020-07-12 05:57, Mogens Kjaer wrote:
>> On 7/10/20 4:10 PM, Simon Matter via CentOS wrote:
>>> Thanks for the tool, I've created RPMs of it:
>>>
>>> http://www.invoca.ch/pub/packages/hexpeek/
>>
>> The package generates a symlink /usr/bin/hexedit to /usr/bin/hexpeek,
>> but this is in conflict with the package hexedit which is in base of
>> Centos 7.
>>
>> Mogens
>
> Indeed, this oversight made it into the beta release. It has already
> been
> removed from the current version and will not appear in future versions.

I've upgraded the RPM as well.

BTW: I strongly suggest to change back the assignment of BINDIR in the
Makefiles. If 'realpath' doesn't exist on the build host, this is what
happens when you run make:

make -C src
make[1]: Entering directory
`/home/pkgbuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/hexpeek-v0.0.20200712b/src'
rm -f /*
rm: cannot remove `/bin': Is a directory
rm: cannot remove `/boot': Is a directory
rm: cannot remove `/cgroup': Is a directory
rm: cannot remove `/dev': Is a directory
rm: cannot remove `/etc': Is a directory
rm: cannot remove `/home': Is a directory
rm: cannot remove `/lib': Is a directory

Regards,
Simon