[CentOS] CentOS 8 & HandBrakeCLI

Mon Jul 13 15:49:49 UTC 2020
Chris Schanzle <chris.schanzle at nist.gov>

On 7/12/20 10:04 PM, Frank M. Ramaekers Jr. wrote:
> Since I upgraded to CentOS8, I cannot get HandBrakeCLI to work:
>
> # HandBrakeCLI
> HandBrakeCLI: error while loading shared libraries: libass.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

HandBrakeCLI (and ghb - the GUI) at least starts without error on CentOS 8 as installed from rpmfusion.  I haven't actually used it.

I suggest you look at 'rpm -qi $(which HandBrakeCLI)' to show you where you got your handbrake from and possibly update it from there.  Perhaps you disabled some repos?