[CentOS] server setup best practices

Thu Jul 16 09:50:33 UTC 2020
Thomas Bendler <ml at bendler-net.de>

Hi Chris,

There is no general best practice available as it heavily depends on the
use case/ support requirements and other factors. For example, I start with
a minimum installation and then I use Ansible to apply my personal/ company
flavor (tools/ configuration/ ...). The result is a core VM that is the
starting point for the application deployment. Depending on the size of the
installation and skills of the support team, you can use devops processes
for the applications as well, for example installing prerequisites or even
the application itself.

Kind regards Thomas