[CentOS] Iptables rules not working

Thu Jul 16 16:11:56 UTC 2020
Kaushal Shriyan <kaushalshriyan at gmail.com>

On Thu, Jul 16, 2020 at 9:25 PM Phil Perry <pperry at elrepo.org> wrote:

> On 16/07/2020 16:48, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am running CentOS Linux release 8.2.2004 (Core) on a remote server. I
> am
> > running the below iptables command to allow SSH port 22 from a specific
> > source IP 219.91.200.59
> >
> > iptables -A INPUT -m tcp -p tcp -s 219.91.200.59 --dport 22 -j ACCEPT
> >> service iptables save
> >

> > The above iptables ruleset is not working and I am still able to connect
> > from the internet to SSH port 22. I look forward to hearing from you and
> > thanks in advance.
> >
> > Best Regards,
> >
> > Kaushal
>
> EL8 does not use iptables by default - it's been replaced with nftables.

Hi,

I have run the below command but I am still able to connect from the
internet. Do I need to add any drop traffic policy using nft?

 #nft add rule ip filter INPUT ip saddr 219.91.200.59/32 tcp dport 22 ct
state new,established counter accept

Any help will be highly appreciable. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Kaushal