[CentOS] Apache umask <SOLVED>

Wed Jul 22 00:31:41 UTC 2020
Emmett Culley <lst_manage at webengineer.com>

On 7/21/20 12:22 PM, Emmett Culley via CentOS wrote:

>>> How can I find the value for <http_worker>?
>>>
>>> Emmett
>>
>> W£ith <http_worker> I meant the processes running httpd. Try this:
>>
>> ps faxu | grep http[d]
>>
>> This will give you the list of PIDs and the UID running it. First PID is
>> usually run by root and the children are run by user apache.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Simon
>>

> That's what I thought, but didn't see any results.  I may have had apache stopped because of system d errors.  I did it just now and saw six threads and each show a umask of 0002.
>
> So it looks like the changes I made to systemd config made a difference after all.  Since I am still seeing that group write is not getting set it must be the application.
>
> Thanks for helping me to see that.
>
> Emmett

It turns out that apache's umask was getting set as requested via systemd.  But still, files were created using 022 mask.  I found that by using the same umask.conf file, suggested by other's, in the directory /etc/systemd/system/php-fpm.service.d, set the umask for php as well, and now files created by php apps have group write and setgid set if the directory it is writing is so configured.

umask.conf contains:

[service]
UMask=002

Thanks to everyone that responed.