[CentOS] virtualbox

Thu Jul 23 21:49:39 UTC 2020
Chuck Campbell <campbell at accelinc.com>

Has anyone gotten virtualbox to run on Centos8? I did the install, and
it complained about missing elflibs, so I installed those, and the
virtualbox install finished without any reported problems.

when i try to run virtualbox, it fails with this message:

Qt FATAL: This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin
could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Available platform plugins are: eglfs, linuxfb, minimal, minimalegl,
offscreen, vnc, xcb.

Aborted (core dumped)

I tried doing dnf reinstall vbox stuff, again, no reported problems, but
I get the same result.