[CentOS] Logitech webcam for use with CentOS 7

Fred Smith

fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Fri Jun 5 20:22:37 UTC 2020

On Fri, Jun 05, 2020 at 10:09:55PM +0200, Nicolas Thierry-Mieg wrote:
> On 6/4/20 1:29 AM, H wrote:
> >I am thinking of buying a Logitech C920S Pro HD or C922 webcam for the necessary video conferencing.
> >
> >Is anyone using that with Zoom or perhaps with Jitsi? Do I need drivers? Any issues?
> >
> >Thank you.
> >

> I have an HD Pro C920, works great under centos 7 out of the box.
> According to my coworkers image quality and microphone are both great.
> I use it with jitsi and other software, no problems.

And just to cover the lower-end of the spectrum, my Logitech C270
works fine with everything I've tried it with (cheese, skype, zoom, etc.)
On both C7 and Ubuntu 18.04.

Fred

               Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths;
                     Guide me in your truth and teach me,
                         for you are God my Savior,
                    And my hope is in you all day long.