[CentOS] Accounting package recommendations

Gianluca Cecchi

gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 22:57:10 UTC 2020

On Tue, Jun 9, 2020 at 7:22 PM Rudi Ahlers <rudiahlers at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am looking for an offline accounting package recommendation, please.
> I enjoyed using Xero accounting, but need something that's offline,
> and where the data remains my property. Having used Quickbooks on
> Windows in the past, I am looking for something similar.
>
> Any recommendations?
>
> --
> Kind Regards
> Rudi Ahlers
> Website: http://www.rudiahlers.co.za

In the past (more than 10 years ago...) I had to work with Sql Ledger and
I enjoyed it because of being GPL, using perl and PostgreSQL as a
background database.
It seems a still developed piece of software. Here the home page:
https://www.sql-ledger.com/
I don't know if it is too much for your needs. It offers also support in
case of need.
One useful page to compare accounting software functionalities offered
could be this one too:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_accounting_software

HIH,
Gianluca