[CentOS] Accounting package recommendations

me at tdiehl.org

Wed Jun 10 11:09:32 UTC 2020

On Wed, 10 Jun 2020, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 9, 2020 at 7:22 PM Rudi Ahlers <rudiahlers at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am looking for an offline accounting package recommendation, please.
>> I enjoyed using Xero accounting, but need something that's offline,
>> and where the data remains my property. Having used Quickbooks on
>> Windows in the past, I am looking for something similar.
>>
>> Any recommendations?
>>
>> --
>> Kind Regards
>> Rudi Ahlers
>> Website: http://www.rudiahlers.co.za
>>

> In the past (more than 10 years ago...) I had to work with Sql Ledger and
> I enjoyed it because of being GPL, using perl and PostgreSQL as a
> background database.
> It seems a still developed piece of software. Here the home page:
> https://www.sql-ledger.com/

There also was ledgersmb which is/was a fork of sql-ledger. Both got the job
done at the time but ledger smb had some enhancements that at the time Dieter
refused to add.

Keep in mind, I have not looked at either one in about 4 years and have
no idea what the current status is. My business needs changed so I moved on.

Regards,

Tom			me at tdiehl.org