[CentOS] virt-manager guest and sound

Lamar Owen

lowen at pari.edu
Wed Jun 10 19:19:00 UTC 2020

On 6/10/20 10:57 AM, Jerry Geis wrote:
> I am running C7 host and pulse audio. I have a Win 10 guest with ICH9
> audio. It works - but I hear artifacts. Anything to do to help audio be
> flawless under guest VM ?

I've experienced this as well, and haven't really dug into it, since my
main pro audio production tools (Harrison Mixbus and Mixbus32C) are
Linux-native.  I do have Celemony Melodyne on Windows, but I haven't
used it heavily enough in virtualization to notice.  I may take a look
at it soon, if I need Melodyne badly enough in the near future, but
since upgrading to CentOS 8 this week I have plenty of other things to
keep me busy.