[CentOS] /etc/networks file

Sun Jun 14 23:55:02 UTC 2020
Jay Hart <jhart at kevla.org>

I am having some network connectivity issues that manifest itself through ping, wget, dnf, etc.
The symptoms are intermittent ability to ping, was wget, or connect to repositories.

Where this inquiry is going is: If your internal network is using 192.168.1 or 10..50.10, what
should be in /etc/networks.

My current file contains:

default 0.0.0.0
loopback 127.0.0.0
link-local 169.254.0.0

And I'm pretty sure this is the default OS installed contents.

I don't think this is related to my connectivity issue, just curious about what this file does.

My old server (which is working just fine) has the same content in its /etc/networks file so not
configuring this does not seem to matter one way or the other.

If one were using 192.168.1.x network , assume 'default' should be 192.168.1.0.  'Link-local'
should match???

Thanks,

Jay