[CentOS] Apache (httpd) fails to start at boot - Centos 8.1

Anthony K

akcentos at anroet.com
Tue Jun 16 07:34:09 UTC 2020

On 16/6/20 4:15 pm, Alessandro Baggi wrote:

> Note: when you will get update for httpd package all could be reverted
> to the original status, so to avoid that your modified httpd.service
> will get an overwrite, create an alternative httpd.service in
> /etc/systemd/system (if I'm not wrong).
>
> Probably there is a new way to do this.

The new way to do this is exactly what Gordon suggested - using
`systemctl edit <servicename>` creates an override in
`/etc/systemd/system/httpd.service.d/override.conf`.

The only issue is that there is no `systemctl` related command to remove
this override - you will have to remember to `rm -rf
/etc/systemd/system/httpd.service.d` if/when you want to remove that
override.