[CentOS] Can't access Squirrelmail on Centos 8

Frank Cox

theatre at sasktel.net
Thu Jun 18 20:21:49 UTC 2020

On Thu, 18 Jun 2020 16:11:01 -0400
Jay Hart wrote:

> Any suggestions????

selinux issue?

I have this in my squirrelmail notes for Centos 6, maybe this is a similar issue for you on Centos 8:

After configuring squirrelmail, do this to make selinux accept squirrelmail connections:

setsebool -P httpd_can_network_connect 1

(The -P makes it permanent across reboots.  This command takes quite a while to run, so don't worry about the waiting)

Then this to allow apache to connect to sendmail:

setsebool -P httpd_can_sendmail 1

Also takes a long time to run.

Note that in SquirrelMail versions 1.5.0 and up, if you are accessing configtest.php from any place other than the machine where SquirrelMail is installed, you'll need to make sure $allow_remote_configtest is enabled in your configuration file to do so (or see "11. Tweaks" ==> "7. Allow remote configtest" in the configuration utility). If you do that, be sure to disable it again when you are finished.

--
Can we uninstall 2020 and install it again? This one has a virus.