[CentOS] Google authenticator on C8

Fri Jun 5 06:43:12 UTC 2020
Patrick DERWAEL <patrick at derwael.be>

Hi folks

I have installed Google authenticator on a few C8 boxes
This is working fine on all of them except one...

- google-authenticator is installed and the box is added to my Android app
- /etc/pam.d/sshd contains
auth       sufficient   pam_google_authenticator.so
- /etc/ssh/sshd_config  contains ChallengeResponseAuthentication yes
- sshd restarted

When logging in, I'm prompted with the password (i.e. no request OTP
request)

I have already uninstalled/reinstalled/rebooted and compared the config
files across boxes... but I can't see what I have done wrong

Any clue about what I could have missed?

Thanks!

--

Patrick Derwael