[CentOS] CentOS 8 gvs question

Thu Jun 18 14:50:05 UTC 2020
Jerry Geis <jerry.geis at gmail.com>

I am getting a timeout on running totem  .... searching led me to think its
gvs related....
Error creating proxy: Error calling StartServiceByName for
org.gtk.vfs.GoaVolumeMonitor: Timeout was reached (g-io-error-quark, 24)

Then totem does start - but with like a 30 second delay.

I ran this command and it says its inactive
systemctl --user status gvfs-mtp-volume-monitor.service
● gvfs-mtp-volume-monitor.service - Virtual filesystem service - Media
Transfer Protocol monitor
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/user/gvfs-mtp-volume-monitor.service;
static; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: inactive (dead)

What is the cause of my timeout ?

Thanks,