[CentOS] php 5.6 on CentOS 6

Sun Jun 21 18:30:07 UTC 2020
H <agents at meddatainc.com>

I am in the process of moving various apps and data off a CentOS 6 server to a new server running CentOS 7. As part of the migration process I need to upgrade an app and corresponding data files which requires php 5.6. I do have php 5.5 (and 5.4) installed since earlier but now tried to install php 5.6 from SCL which failed.

This is the package I tried:

https://www.softwarecollections.org/en/scls/rhscl/rh-php56/

but the error message is that there is no package 5.6. Is this correct and what would the recommended procedure then be since I do need 5.6 for this. Use Remi's collection or something else? I was hoping SCL would have it since it is well-tried and easy to sandbox on the computer.

Thank you.