[CentOS] CentOS 8 - Fail to mount ${HOME}

Mon Jun 29 07:52:38 UTC 2020
Yair Garfinkel <yair9959 at gmail.com>

Hi,

We have a large amount of CentOS 7 here and when a user logs in to any of
them, his home directory is mounted of the network.

When we tried to do this with CentOS 8, the user logs in but his home
directory was created locally on the machine.

   - I have already disables this "nice" feature by running:

                  [root at lab_cnt08 ~]# *authconfig
--disablemkhomedir  --update*

   - Both CentOS 7 and CentOS 8 machines reside in the same domain.

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

*Yair Garfinkel*