[CentOS] yum/dnf diff

Fri Jun 5 19:21:07 UTC 2020
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 6/5/20 11:55 AM, Kenneth Porter wrote:
> --On Friday, June 05, 2020 9:10 AM -0500 Johnny Hughes
> <johnny at centos.org> wrote:
>
>> These are two totally separate programs and projects.
>
> I'm not talking about diff'ing the yum and dnf programs. I'm talking
> about diffing the RPM packages that "rpm -V" reveals as changed. Such a
> utility would download the package if it wasn't in the cache, unpack it
> with cpio into a temp directory, and diff the component files against
> the copies on disk.
>
> yum and dnf would only be involved because they maintain a package cache
> so they might be the logical place to implement a plugin to do this.

Oh .. I misunderstood what you are after.

If you are dealing with CentOS RPMs .. you can just look at git.centos.org:

For example .. here is one CentOS Linux 7 rpm.  I'll pick 389-ds-base.

https://git.centos.org/

Click into search and type 389-ds-base .. pick rpms/389-ds-base

Click on Branches on the left tabs .. In this example, I'll pick c7

Now if you click on the left commits tab. you will see each c7 rpm import.

if you click on the six digit number, for example, e52775 for the
current latest "import 389-ds-base-1.3.10.1-9.el7_8".  The result is
every diff of every change for the rpm.