[CentOS] How to disable dhcpv6-client on Centos 8

Sat Jun 6 14:19:02 UTC 2020
Leon Fauster <leonfauster at googlemail.com>

Am 06.06.20 um 14:55 schrieb Jay Hart:
> Machine is an internal server with zero need to provide or receive ip addresses using dhcp (all
> IPs are hard coded).
>
> Question: how do I disable dhcpv6-client on this box?
>
> [user at boxname user]# firewall-cmd --list-all
> public (active)
>    target: default
>    icmp-block-inversion: no
>    interfaces: enp2s0
>    sources:
>    services: cockpit dhcpv6-client http https ssh
>    ports:
>    protocols:
>    masquerade: no
>    forward-ports:
>    source-ports:
>    icmp-blocks:
>    rich rules:

This output does not correlate with your question.

If your NetworkManager.service is configured to use a static
configuration, then dhcp is not in use.

If you want that your firewall configuration reflects your service
configuration, then

firewall-cmd  --permanent --remove-service=dhcpv6-client

--
Leon