[CentOS] Blog article about the state of CentOS

Wed Jun 17 19:50:03 UTC 2020
Noam Bernstein <noam.bernstein at nrl.navy.mil>

> On Jun 17, 2020, at 3:46 PM, Leon Fauster via CentOS <centos at centos.org> wrote:
>
> The answer is not inherently in the distribution itself. Make your
> analysis about your needs an requirements and the choice is then yours.
>
> One could argue that the gap between disclosure of one security issues
> and the update via RHEL subscription is to big. Then a contract with
> the upstream developer of the corresponding software component is a
> better choice then relying in RHEL, right?

Of course.   My only question is whether the observation that the gap for CentOS 8 is indeed larger than we have come to be used to for CentOS 7.  I'm certainly not, and I don't think anyone is, claiming that the CentOS teams owes us any particular response time.  I just want to know if the claim that it's systematically significantly longer for 8 than 7 is in fact (empirically) true.

						Noam