[CentOS] Can't access Squirrelmail on Centos 8

Thu Jun 18 20:37:04 UTC 2020
Jay Hart <jhart at kevla.org>

> On Thu, 18 Jun 2020 16:11:01 -0400
> Jay Hart wrote:
>
>> Any suggestions????
>
> selinux issue?

I turned the firewall off and tried to access /webmail and the configtest file, Turning off the firewall resulted in same issue.

> I have this in my squirrelmail notes for Centos 6, maybe this is a similar issue for you on Centos 8:
>
> After configuring squirrelmail, do this to make selinux accept squirrelmail connections:
>
> setsebool -P httpd_can_network_connect 1
>
> (The -P makes it permanent across reboots.  This command takes quite a while to run, so don't worry about the waiting)
>
> Then this to allow apache to connect to sendmail:
>
> setsebool -P httpd_can_sendmail 1
>
> Also takes a long time to run.

I am not using selinux on Centos 6, so those options are not set on C6.  I have not tried either of those options above on C8. I wanted to
check to see if those Directory options I listed in my OP were hosed, correct, etc.

> Note that in SquirrelMail versions 1.5.0 and up, if you are accessing configtest.php from any place other than the machine where
> SquirrelMail is installed, you'll need to make sure $allow_remote_configtest is enabled in your configuration file to do so (or see "11.
> Tweaks" ==> "7. Allow remote configtest" in the configuration utility). If you do that, be sure to disable it again when you are finished.

I'm  using v 1.4.23-svn.