[CentOS] Can't access Squirrelmail on Centos 8

Thu Jun 18 21:37:29 UTC 2020
Alexander Dalloz <ad+lists at uni-x.org>

Am 18.06.2020 um 23:18 schrieb Jay Hart:

>>> I turned the firewall off and tried to access /webmail and the configtest file, Turning off the firewall resulted in same issue.
>>
>> Frank was hinting to SELinux preventing access. A valid guess,
>> especially as you have installed the webapp in a very uncommon path
>> where default SELinux does know nothing about. So check the audit.log
>> for AVC or use ausearch.
>>
>> And of course check the webserver's logfile. Always the logs! They have
>> the neccessary information your need to debug your situation.
>>
>> Alexander
>
> I enabled both those options. tried to access again, same issue.

Sorry, which 2 options did you enable?

> Log file:
> [Thu Jun 18 17:08:31.160897 2020] [authz_core:error] [pid 10427:tid 140567258310400] [client 10.20.30.61:34096] AH01630: client denied by
> server configuration: /usr/share/squirrelmail/src/login.php

So here you get the information about what needs to be corrected. Please
look closely at your apache configuration as you are forbidding access
by your active settings.

> After changing those options, do I need to restart service[s], or reboot?

As much as you have setup your webmail in a config file like
16-squirrelmail.conf you will of course have to restart or reload the
service. A reboot is never needed for such kind of change.

Alexander