[CentOS] Bootable USB keys : which brand ?

Fri Jun 19 15:28:24 UTC 2020
Nicolas Kovacs <info at microlinux.fr>

Le 19/06/2020 à 17:01, Johnny Hughes a écrit :
> dd if=./<name.iso> of=/dev/sd<letter> bs=4M status=progress
>
> Where 'of=' is the device // make sure NOT to use a separate partition
> (so  /dev/sdb and not /dev/sdb1, but the whole device when copying the
> install isos.

I'm positive that the problem here is *not* the procedure (which I've done
countless times).

I can take any one of my old flash drives, write bootable images on them
(CentOS, FreeBSD, OpenSUSE, whatever) and they boot fine.

But these new no-name flash drives I just bought, they just won't work.
Anything else will. They won't. So I'm 100 % sure this is a hardware problem.

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
Site : https://www.microlinux.fr
Blog : https://blog.microlinux.fr