[CentOS] Accounting package recommendations

Tue Jun 23 18:09:39 UTC 2020
Giles Coochey <giles at coochey.net>

On 23/06/2020 17:37, Frank Cox wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Jun 2020 14:31:10 +0200
> Rudi Ahlers wrote:
>
>> I have an accountant, but still need todo my part from the business'
>> end. They don't invoice my clients. Quickbooks works very well, but
>> keeps me stuck in Windows land.
> Depending on the complexity of your needs, you might not need dedicated accounting software.
>
> I own and operate a small business (movie theatre).  I do all of my accounting on a spreadsheet.  Today I use Libreoffice, when I opened my theatre I used Microsoft Multiplan.
>
> I print out my revenue and expenses pages for my accountant at the end of the year and he's happy with that.  When I need to generate an actual invoice (fairly rare as my theatre is almost entirely a cash business) I make it up with Libreoffice as well.  I have an invoice template saved that I use for that purpose.

+1 to the above, can only re-iterate, if you need your accounts to be
auditable, and can't get your head round accountancy software, then
provide the information in any readable form to your accountant and let
them deal with it.

If you don't need them to be auditable, or you are an accountant, then
just learn how to use whatever accountancy software do it, and don't let
an emotional belief in to what operating system you use take control
over what choices you have in this regard.

--
Giles Coochey