[CentOS] HP vs. Brother Printers: Use with Centos/Fedora

Sun Jun 28 00:58:17 UTC 2020
Peter <peter at pajamian.dhs.org>

On 28/06/20 9:33 am, Jay Hart wrote:
> If you had to rate which printer brand works better with Linux (Fedora and Centos), what would it be?

I'm currently on a Brother MFC-J4620DW and I recommend it
wholeheartedly.  Others here have recommended brother for laser printing
but I also think they're great ink jet printers.  Because you're not
replacing the print head every time you replace the ink cartridge it
cuts back on ink cost considerably and I have had no problems using
3rd-party ink cartridges with it which really bring the cost down big
time.  You can order sets of 3rd-party cartidges online for next to
nothing, and I can count on two fingers the number of times I've
received a dud cartridge.

I wouldn't touch an HP with a ten foot pole, though.

Peter