[CentOS] virt-manager guest and sound

Wed Jun 10 20:13:48 UTC 2020
Fred Smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>

On Wed, Jun 10, 2020 at 03:19:00PM -0400, Lamar Owen wrote:
> On 6/10/20 10:57 AM, Jerry Geis wrote:
> >I am running C7 host and pulse audio. I have a Win 10 guest with ICH9
> >audio. It works - but I hear artifacts. Anything to do to help audio be
> >flawless under guest VM ?
>

> I've experienced this as well, and haven't really dug into it, since
> my main pro audio production tools (Harrison Mixbus and Mixbus32C)
> are Linux-native.  I do have Celemony Melodyne on Windows, but I
> haven't used it heavily enough in virtualization to notice.  I may
> take a look at it soon, if I need Melodyne badly enough in the near
> future, but since upgrading to CentOS 8 this week I have plenty of
> other things to keep me busy.

Just a personal note here, not at all difinitive:

I used to have a Windows 10 VM in Virtualbox (on Centos-7) and the
Windows sound sucked. Garbled, distorted, and lots of added noise. Does
that seem to be anything like the described "artifacts" ??

I'd guess it's some general issue with Win10 sound, and that MS
doesn't "love Linux" enough to actually make it workd in a VM.
They probably want you to run Linux in a VM on windows, not the
other way around.

  Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government there will be no end. He
 will reign on David's throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding