[CentOS] Apache (httpd) fails to start at boot - Centos 8.1

Tue Jun 16 07:07:50 UTC 2020
Simon Matter <simon.matter at invoca.ch>

> Il 16/06/20 08:11, Alessandro Baggi ha scritto:

>>> httpd is starting before an interface has been configured with
>>> 10.20.30.11.
>>>
>>> The default configuration starts httpd after "network.target" but you
>>> want to start it after "network-online.target".
>>>
>>> IIRC: run "systemctl edit httpd.service" and insert:
>>>
>>> [Unit]
>>> Afteretwork-online.target

>> +1
>>
>> This happened to me with ssh.
>
> Note: when you will get update for httpd package all could be reverted
> to the original status, so to avoid that your modified httpd.service
> will get an overwrite, create an alternative httpd.service in
> /etc/systemd/system (if I'm not wrong).

That's half right now, but still not good enough. If the RPM provided file
changes, your copy won't get those changes. To make this work better,
don't put the full file in /etc/systemd/system but just add an
override.conf there which is like a diff to the original file. That way
updates of the RPM are handled correctly.

Simon