[CentOS] Blog article about the state of CentOS

Wed Jun 17 10:31:38 UTC 2020
Tom Bishop <bishoptf at gmail.com>

*snip

> Thank you for sharing, I found it interesting.
>
> My 2 Cent

+1

Longtime user but with the current sturcture they have turned it (centos8)
into really a non production release. I've always tried to use it on
internal servers but these are small businesses (non-profit) that will pay
for a windows server license vs a RHEL. Microsoft has actually expanded and
opened it up even more. I really thought it was a good thing for RHEL to
support Centos since they had made the builds more difficult but it doesn't
appear that they do not want to support it too much. As it currently stands
I could not or will not deploy Centos8 in a internet facing environment.

I continue to run 8 at home but do not see myself deploying it into
production anywhere. I deeply appreciate all the hard work that goes into
putting it out, Karanbir, Fabian, Johnny, Ralph and Tru and all the others
put in to produce and support it. :)

My hope is that RHEL changes the level of support they provide to centOS
but not confident it's going to happen here's hoping.

;)