[CentOS] Blog article about the state of CentOS

Sun Jun 21 00:35:36 UTC 2020
Peter <peter at pajamian.dhs.org>

On 21/06/20 9:15 am, John Pierce wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 20, 2020 at 4:08 AM Tom Bishop <bishoptf at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> +1 Streams is not for a production workload, if I wanted that I can easily
>> deploy an Arch instance if I want or need a rolling distro (it's not Redhat
>> etc but still). If Redhat wanted CentOS to be released near the same time
>> line they could help make that happen, although that wouldn't be in there
>> best financial interest.
>

> think of it this way ... when the rolling beta is done, the final release
> will be done with no further delay.

No, Stream and the core OS are built form a completely separate set of
sources.  I highly doubt that we could use binaries built from stream to
populate the final release.  The whole thing has to be rebuilt for the
final release regardless of the status of Stream.

Peter